No matter what colour you get them in, they always look elegant, just-slightly-rumpled and will only get softer and more loveable with use.
Also known as a top sheet, this versatile bedding can be used in a number of ways.
- Over the years, we have found two flat sheets to be the best all-around bedding option.
- Flat sheets tend to last even longer than fitted sheets, and it is best to rotate with the bottom sheet so that the bottom sheet does not wear out first.
- They are perfect for warmer months. Use a flat sheet instead of a duvet cover for a comfortable night's sleep.
- You can lay below the mattress to make a beautiful valance.
BED LINEN WITH A 50-YEAR WARRANTY. LEARN MORE >
- 100% linen woven from premium Belgian flax
- Cross-woven in tonal yarn-dyed colours that create very subtle high-low shading and rich dimension
- Mid-weight linen offers year-round comfort, enhanced stone washing that creates a lived-in feel
- Beautiful and practical, our heirloom-quality linen only becomes softer over time
- Linen is naturally hypoallergenic and is breathable, allowing flat sheets to regulate body temperature at night
- Features an elegant 2.5cm mitred hem border on all edges
- Made in Europe
- Machine washable in cool to warm water with mild soap. Pre-soaking is effective in lifting stains. Line dry or dry on no-heat setting. Iron with a steam if desired.
- All bedding can be personalised with our monogramming service at request
- Air drying is always preferable
- Order FREE fabric swatches here.
COMPLETE YOUR BEDDING SET
What are the most familiar embodiments of home? Is it a place or a feeling? For most of us, home is where we rest, find comfort and safety, feel welcome and nourished. Another essential aspect of feeling at home is understanding and honouring the traditions and roots of the objects in our home.
Each day, we express our relationship with the natural world by choosing what we buy and wear. We believe it is more important than ever to get to know brands before making a choice. Here are some notes so you can get to know us better. We will be thrilled to hear from you if you have any questions.
Our Brand and Guiding Principles >
Our Linen, Your Way >
From field to fibre, from yarn to fabric, the making of linen tells a fascinating story.
After harvest, the flax is tied together in large bales and taken to the mill to extract the fibre from the straw, known as scutching, which is when the first quality of the flax is assessed.
The best quality fabrics require long fibres to make the finest yarns, and the scuthing stage will influence the ratio of long fibres versus short fibres.
Shorter fibres, known as tows, are usually used to produce low count yarns. Long flax fibres, regarded as the noble part of the plant, make exquisite fabrics, and their high value is carried out to the end-product.
That said, choices like this are why our linen has been critic-approved, customer-adored for over 15 years, and why our bed linen collection, an “evergreen” for The Linen Works, comes with a 50-year warranty.